As GreatVines Product and Development Manager you will take on thought leadership facilitating our agile project environment, leading our development team to deliver exceptionally high quality applications. You are responsible for applying learned product knowledge and for eliciting and documenting business requirements and business processes, making minor product direction decisions, facilitating discussion around major product direction decisions, and overseeing our SDLC. This will require working closely with both our business stakeholders and our engineers to create or capture relevant system flows and product features, often through user interface mockups or use case documentation. You should think and act like a product owner but also be hands on technical enough to support our build/release cycle, do hands on testing, and help determine future technical directions.
- Retain, manage and motivate existing Dev staff
- Chair in house “Product Council” for determining dev priorities
- Research and understand business cases as needed
- Create project artifacts such as detailed requirements, use cases, guides, and supporting diagrams or ancillary documentation as required for successful product releases
- Lead daily standup, provide decision making and direction to dev resources.
- Understand and take ownership of current methodologies for software applications design and development across multiple platforms, make improvements over time.
- Write test cases, support unit test process and evaluate results.
- Drive testing and release scheduling
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, innovations, or partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; create plans for integration and update into architecture
- Write detailed release notes
- Triage support tickets that are bug/dev related
The successful candidate should exhibit a reasonable subset of the following skills and abilities:
- Product Management Knowledge – understand the product lifecycle or have been in a product-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology – knowledge of and acting as the in-house product owner.
- Business Acumen – Fundamental knowledge of terminology and key data relationships.
- Product / User Interface Design Skills – working knowledge of best practices from a human factors and usability perspective. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Experience with contemporary SDLC tools similar to our adopted choices of LiquidPlanner, Github, Travis CI, Zendesk etc.
- Mobile Application Development experience (IOS, related)
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent Communicator – Able to facilitate meetings and present findings clearly, articulating with stakeholders to obtain buy-in. Collaborates with internal team and with the business. Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Zeal to pursue perfection from yourself, your customer(s), your team and your product.
- Energetic with a good, positive attitude.
- Quick learner and excellent team player.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Relevant work experience to meet Qualifications