Beginning in early 2022, GreatVines will be moving all customers to an enhanced method of authentication called “Multifactor Authentication” or simply “MFA”. MFA is one of the simplest, most effective ways to prevent unauthorized account access and safeguard your data and your customers’ data. GreatVines will be requiring all customers to implement MFA to help mitigate the risks stemming from threats like phishing attacks, credential stuffing, keyloggers, man-in-the-middle attacks and compromised devices.
The main benefit of MFA is it will enhance your organization’s security by requiring your users to identify themselves by more than a simple username and password. While important, usernames and passwords are vulnerable to brute force attacks and can be stolen by third parties. And while many users already rely on email and text messaging to verify their Account logins, the use of a proper device authenticator supporting “time-based one-time passwords” greatly increases the security layer around user logins.
Highlights of MFA:
- Better identification of who is accessing your environment
- Additional information beyond username and password will be required
- Strengthens security controls to your company’s data from outside your organization
- Addresses many security and compliance needs
- General Username & Passwords maybe vulnerable and attainable by bad actors
- Multi-factor authentication will be required per the Salesforce Trust and Compliance Documentation, and all Salesforce customers are contractually required to use MFA in order to access Salesforce products
GreatVines customers can choose to implement MFA in a variety of ways, with multiple authenticator apps available for various mobile platforms, as well as incorporating an enterprise Single Sign-On solution which can bypass certain MFA requirements. Contact GreatVines today if you would like to learn more about the industry-leading security capabilities of our platform.